Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Mini books to use for the dolls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, tonight at JoAnn Fabrics, I didn't find what I was really looking for, but did find a whole display rack of miniature size books by the pattern counters. I picked up a bunch to use for my dolly's bookshelves:

    The mini Spa book
    Daughters/Mothers (I actually have the real size version of this one!)
    Knitting
    Dreams
    Bear Hugs for Moms
    Girlfriends
    and the cutest little "The Joy of Cooking"! That one'll have to go in a mini kitchen someday.

    Ok, now I can put them on the bookshelves. What bookshelves?! Oh, yeah, another one of my good ideas that hasn't come through yet!

    Laurie

    ps. forgot to mention these are all published by Running Press, web www.runningpress.com. All are no bigger than 3"x3", although the Joy of Cooking is quite fat! Honestly looks just like the real thing. Also, it was the only one w/o a dust jacket, not sure if it was just missing, but it was the only one left, so I grabbed it.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 20, 2004 11:52 PM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font>

  2. #2
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Smile

    That's great Laurie [img]smile.gif[/img] We'll have to check it out. Thanks! There is also a set of Winnie the Pooh books that are the perfect size also. We found ours at a used bookstore, but they are probably still in print and readily available elsewhere.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> OMG.......this is just tooo cute...... a chinese take-out for 2 !! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] </font>

    <font color="hotpink"> <u>**Take-Out For Two**</font></u>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member americangirllvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that is adorable! I should probably get that. Christina and I love Chinese food!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 21, 2004 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Amy M. ]</font>

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Laurie, good grief you are smart! [img]smile.gif[/img] My mom got me the mini Bonsai kit a couple years ago, and I never thought of using it with the dolls. What a neat idea!

    I will say, with all respect to the publisher, that the mini Bonsai kit is a gimmick. It didn't work at all. I never even got a sprout out of it, and one of my hobbies is gardening. Even if it had worked, the tree would have been root-bound pretty quickly, and the kit didn't come with binding wire for shaping the limbs. I'd steer clear of any of the ones involving seeds or plants, since there are several. Although it would look cute with the doll, it probably wouldn't work or wouldn't live long due to becoming root-bound.

    Again, Laurie, this is such a great idea! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Wow! I did a search on the Internet to see if any other companies sold the minibooks and I think I found a whole new hobby! Apparently minibooks of various sizes are collectibles and have been around since at least Henry VIII. Even Queen Elizabeth carried around a minibook.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh my gosh, you gotta go to their website. In addition to the mini books, they have mini kits as well. The spa book came from a mini kit.

    They have really cute looking things with an Asian flair:

    mini Buddha
    mini take out (looks like Chinese take out food)
    Mini Zen garden with tools ( I really want this one)
    Mini gong
    Mini origami
    Mini Sushi
    Feng Shui

    Okay, now I really want an Asian AGT!


    slinky
    solitaire with little cards
    mini massage (this could go with the spa items)
    Nancy Drew's Guide to life with mini magnifying glass ( I know there are a lot of you Nancy fans out there!)
    The Gift of the Magi (wonderful for xmas!)
    You are Special by Mister Rogers!
    Christmas Carols
    Native American Wisdom
    the Night before Christmas
    Little Book of Yo-Yo's
    Quilting
    Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol
    Little Book of Hanukkah
    The Nutcracker

    I think you can order directly from the website. Now I'm going to have to check out another JoAnn's tomorrow!

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ August 21, 2004 12:35 AM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font></font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 21, 2004 12:36 AM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font>

  8. #8
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Oooh, they have them on the website?! I've got a coupon for ordering on the website. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

    Kim

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, Not Joanne's website, the one for Running Press. Sorry if I confused you!

    Laurie

  10. #10
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    LOL! Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] I was searching the Joann site and couldn't find them. No wonder...

    Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •